Our teachers are currently offering at home learning activities to enrolled families at a portion of the regular tuition costs. This includes a combination of take-home learning kits, recorded read alouds and songs, Seesaw activities, and bi-weekly class meetings via Zoom.
We plan to begin classes on-site March 1, 2021, following strict health and safety policies:
- Classes will be spending more time outdoors.
- Drop off and pick up will take place outside.
- All students, teachers, and working parents will have their temperature taken, complete a screening questionnaire, and sanitize hands prior to entering the building.
- Teachers, working parents, and children 5+ will be required to wear face masks. All other children are strongly encouraged to wear masks if they can do so independently.
- There will be increased cleaning and sanitation between class sessions (and therefore an increased supply fee to cover extra cleaning supplies).
- We are making the following adjustments to classes to accommodate for smaller groups. (Note that this may change depending on enrollment numbers.)
- Owls will be split into two small groups, with each attending once per week.
- Eagles and Woodpeckers will attend on their normally scheduled days. Class size limits for these classes will be lowered to 12.
- Parents will not work in classes. Instead, one parent/caregiver will be on-site during each class session to observe, help with cleaning and sanitation, and assist in the case of an emergency. (This individual must be a member of the enrolled child’s immediate household.)
Detailed COVID-19 Safety Protocols have been made available in the Addendum to the KCP Handbook & Bylaws.
We will move forward with our fundraisers and Parent Education classes as previously scheduled.
**Please keep in mind that this is all subject to change as we continue to monitor the situation here in Kitsap County and receive updated guidance from state and local health officials.