Kingston Cooperative Preschool is a member of Parent-Child Preschools Organization (PCPO), a nonprofit organization of more than 50 cooperative preschools and kindergartens in Oregon and Washington. PCPO empowers its members to build and sustain thriving, diverse, cooperative preschool communities where children learn through play.
PCPO supports cooperatives by offering member schools:
- New officer training workshops
- Resource handbooks, guides, and referral information
- Regular general meetings, with presentations on various topics as well as small group discussions
- Family education workshops
- Teacher education workshops
- Contract support
- Weekly newsletter
- Advice and guidance on specific challenges
- and more!
PCPO was founded in 1956 by eight Portland preschools to promote the exchange of ideas among schools and to aid in the forming of new co-ops. PCPO is an affiliate of Parent Cooperative Preschools International (PCPI), whose purpose is to cross state and national boundaries sharing the philosophy that “children, parents, and teachers go to school together, each learning from the other.”