- Pay tuition and fees on time.
- Attend one Parent Education meeting per month.
- Work in the preschool classroom one to three times a month depending on class and enrollment (Chickadees excluded).
- Fulfill Volunteer Hour commitment of 6 hours for the school year. (Chickadees requires 3 hours.)
- Participate in our largest fundraising event — our annual auction.
- Participate in a cleaning crew once during the year that will take place one hour before a regularly scheduled Parent Education Class.
- Keep your child at home if they have any signs of a communicable illness, including colds.
- Arrange for your own substitute in case of unavoidable absence on scheduled workdays and make necessary changes on the work schedule.
Olympic College Overview
In addition to participating in monthly Parent Education meetings, parents will also enroll in a Parent Education course through Olympic College. This is an online course designed for parents with preschool-aged children. The focus of the class is to help parents gain information about child development and skills for positive parenting.
Course objectives for parents are to:
- Develop realistic age-level expectations from knowledge of childhood behavior and growth.
- Explore current research as it applies to pre-school development and extract and adopt principles applicable to parenting.
- Select and practice discipline techniques from a specific theoretical framework which is consistent with a personal belief system.
- Evaluate contemporary information and perspectives on selected parenting styles.
- Experience and understand the role of parent involvement in maintaining quality learning environments for children.
- Share support, consultation and resource information concerning childrearing and family life.
- Develop and/or increase confidence in managing the demanding role of parents in a changing society.
- Strengthen family communication and relationships.
Click here for more information about Olympic College.