To keep our students and families safe and healthy, KCP is taking the following precautions:
- Masks are required indoors for everyone ages 5+ and strongly encouraged for children ages 2-4.
- Everyone entering the building must complete a health screening.
- We are practicing increased cleaning, sanitizing, and disinfecting as well as frequent handwashing/sanitization.
- We are adhering to the most recent DOH guidance regarding returning to school after symptoms of illness, exposure to confirmed or suspected cases of COVID-19, or travel.
- Adults must adhere to the Governor’s proclamation regarding vaccination requirements for school staff and volunteers.
Process for Adults Seeking Medical or Religious Exemptions
Kingston Co-op Preschool is a lab to Olympic College’s Parent Education program. To participate in the KCP classroom, you must be an enrolled student of Olympic College. Olympic College will directly handle all exemption submissions and accommodations given to OC students whether the class takes place at their main campus or our lab. Individuals seeking a medical or religious exemption must follow the steps outlined on OC’s website.
Vaccination Requirements for Adults Working at KCP
The KCP Presidents recently shared the following information with enrolled families regarding vaccination requirements for adults:
Firstly, all parents intending to work in the classroom and/or attend the in-person parent education sessions this year are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by October 18, 2021 or have an approved medical or religious exemption per Governor Inslee’s proclamation issued 8/20/2021.
To help with planning ahead, here are the vaccination timelines for each type of vaccine. These timelines will ensure you are fully vaccinated by the deadline of 10/18/2021. The first dose of the Moderna vaccine would need to be scheduled no later than 9/6/2021, first dose of the Pfizer vaccine no later than 9/13/2021 and the single dose Johnson & Johnson vaccine no later than 10/4/2021.
There are many excellent resources for getting vaccinated and we encourage everyone who wishes to participate in the their child’s classroom experience to do so! Below you will find a link to the Kitsap County COVID and the WA DOH vaccine locator sites. Additionally, primary care providers are offering vaccines to their patients and many of our local pharmacies are offering the vaccine as well.